AMERICAN FAMILY MUTUAL INSURANCE COMPANY DREAM ROOM GIVEAWAY OFFICIAL CONTEST RULES
INTERNET ACCESS REQUIRED NO PURCHASE, PAYMENT OF ANY KIND, OR INSURANCE QUOTE IS NECESSARY TO ENTER OR WIN. A PURCHASE, PAYMENT, INSURANCE QUOTE OR REQUEST FOR INFORMATION ABOUT INSURANCE PRODUCTS OR SERVICES WILL NOT IMPROVE THE CHANCES OF WINNING.
1. HOW TO ENTER. Beginning 9/1/2009 at 12:01 AM (Central Time) through 10/31/2009 at 11:59 PM (Central Time), go to www.dreamroomgiveway.com or www.cuartodesussuenos.com and complete the entry form (including any videos or photos you wish to submit). The entry form must include all required information. Sponsor’s computer is the official clock for this Sweepstakes. Limit of one entry per person. All entries are the property of Sponsor and will not be returned.
2. ELIGIBILITY. Sweepstakes is open only to legal residents of Illinois, Indiana, Wisconsin, Arizona, Colorado, Nebraska, Utah, Nevada and Idaho who are age 18 or older at the time of entry and who have internet access. Employees and agents, and members of their immediate family and those living in the same household, of Sponsor and Imagen Marketing Consultants, their affiliates and subsidiaries, participating advertising and promotion agencies and prize suppliers are not eligible. Persons providing support services to agents of Sponsor, whether employed by the agent or not, and their immediate family members and those living in the same household are not eligible.
3. JUDGING. Local judging panels will be established in Chicago, Milwaukee, Phoenix, Tucson, Salt Lake City, Las Vegas and Denver. All eligible contest submissions will be reviewed by the local panel of judges, whose decisions are final. Each local judging panel will select three (3) potential winners based on the entrant’s financial need and level of community service reflected in the entry. Winners will be announced at the participating retail stores during the Dream Room Giveaway Fiesta November 21 or 22, 2009. Need not be present to win.
4. PRIZE(S). A total of twenty-one (21) prizes, each consisting of a gift card worth five thousand dollars ($5000.00) will be awarded as follows: Three (3) prizes for use at IKEA will be awarded in each Chicago, Milwaukee, Phoenix and Tucson (for a total of twelve (12) gift cards). Three (3) prizes for use at R.C. Willey will be awarded in each Salt Lake City and Las Vegas (for a total of six (6) gift cards). Three (3) prizes for use at American Furniture Warehouse will be awarded in Denver. Prizes may not be redeemed for cash, exchanged or otherwise substituted. Prizes are non-transferable. Odds of winning depend on the total number of eligible entries received. Winner is liable and solely responsible for payment of any applicable federal, state, and other taxes. An IRS form 1099 will be issued to each winner. Limit one (1) winner per household.
5. CONDITIONS. The contest is subject to all applicable federal, state, local laws and regulations. Void where prohibited or restricted by law. Sponsor reserves the right, in its sole discretion, to cancel, suspend or modify this contest for any reason, including but not limited to, any fraud, technical failure or any factor beyond Sponsor’s control that corrupts or impairs the administration, security, fairness or proper functioning of the contest. Sponsor reserves the right, in its sole discretion, to substitute a prize of equal or greater value. Sponsor may disqualify any individual if, in its sole discretion, Sponsor determines that the individual has or has attempted to tamper with the entry process or the operation of the contest, or intends to annoy, abuse, threaten or harass any other entrants or Sponsor’s representatives. By participating in the contest, entrants agree to be bound by the Official Rules and the judges’ decision(s). Participation in contest and acceptance of any prize constitutes each winner’s permission for Sponsor to use his/her name, address (city and state only), likeness, photograph, picture, portrait, voice, biographical information, and/or any statements made by each winner regarding the contest or Sponsor for advertising or promotional purposes without notice or additional compensation. By submitting an entry, entrant agrees that Sponsor has the right to, but not the obligation to, view, read, publish, post or share the information contained in entrant’s entry. If an entry includes videos or photos entrant warrants that entrant has appropriate releases and permissions to use the videos or photos and such use does not infringe the third party rights of any individual or entity. By participating in the contest, all entrants and winners agree to waive and release all claims and hold harmless Sponsor and Administrator and their respective officers, employees, directors, affiliates, and agents, from and against any and all liability, loss, harm, damage, injury, cost, expense, claims, or causes of action arising out of participation in the contest and/or any prize awarded. Potential winners will be required to execute and return Affidavit of Eligibility, Liability Release and where permissible, a Publicity Release and failure to execute and return these forms will result in disqualification and an alternate winner will be selected. No substitution or transfer of prize by winner will be permitted. Winners must take delivery of the prize within thirty (30) days or prize will be awarded to an alternate winner. In no event will more than the stated number of prizes be awarded.
6. NOTICE. Any attempt by an individual to deliberately damage any web site or undermine the legitimate operation of this contest is a violation of law and Sponsor reserves the right to seek damages from any individual to the fullest extent of the law.
7. SPONSOR: American Family Mutual Insurance Company, 6000 American Parkway, Madison, WI 53783.
8. ADMINISTRATOR. The administrator of this contest is Imagen Marketing Consultants.
10. LIMITATIONS OF LIABILITY. Sponsor is not responsible for any inaccurate information, technical failures of any kind, unauthorized human intervention, or lost, late, illegible, incomplete or misdirected transmissions associated with this contest. Sponsor is not responsible for any liability or damage to any computer system, hardware or software, resulting from participation in or accessing or downloading information in connection with the contest.
11. Winners. For a list of winners, mail a self addressed stamped envelope to Sponsor at the above address prior to November 30, 2009.
AFFIDAVIT OF ELIGIBILITY, LIABILITY WAIVER AND RELEASE Dream Room Giveawy Contest 2009
This Affidavit of Eligibility, Publicity Release and Liability Waiver (the “Agreement”) must be read and signed by persons who are awarded a prize in the Dream Room Giveaway Contest (the “Contest”) sponsored by American Family Mutual Insurance Company. The contest winner is referred to below as “I” or “me.” In consideration of the awarding of a prize to me, and other good and valuable consideration, the receipt and sufficiency of which is hereby acknowledged, I hereby agree as follows:
ACKNOWLEDGEMENT OF ELIGIBILITY. I have read and understand or have had explained to me the official rules for the Contest and this Agreement, and declare that I have complied fully with all of the Contest rules.
I represent that I am eligible to receive the prize awarded to me in the Contest. Without limiting the foregoing, I represent that I satisfy all eligibility requirements (e.g. as to my age and place of residence) set forth in the official Contest rules. I understand that I am responsible for all taxes of any type associated with my prize.
WAIVER. I hereby for myself and/or my heirs, personal representatives and assigns, completely and forever release, waive and discharge Sponsor, its promotional partners and advertisers and their agencies involved with this contest promotion, and each such party’s respective affiliates, parents, subsidiaries, shareholders, directors, officers, agents, employees, successors, assigns, consultants and representatives (collectively, the “Sponsor Affiliates”), from any and all claims, actions, suits, costs, losses, expenses, demands, damages and/or other liabilities, known or unknown, absolute or contingent, and whether or not fixed, which I ever had, now have or might in the future have against any of the Sponsor Affiliates (including, but not limited to, the costs and expenses of experts, consultants and attorneys), resulting in any manner from and/or by reason of my participation in this contest promotion, any use by Sponsor Affiliates of my name, visual likeness or biographical data, and/or my receipt and use of any prize awarded, including any future use (collectively, “Claims”);
I SPECIFICALLY UNDERSTAND AND AGREE THAT THIS RELEASE WILL PREVENT ME AND MY SUCCESSORS FROM BRINGING A LAWSUIT, CLAIM OR OTHER ACTION AGAINST SPONSOR AFFILIATES AND FROM RECEVERING ANY MONEY DAMAGES OT OTHER LEGAL RELIEF FROM SPONSOR AFFILIATES IN CONNECTION WITH ANY OF THE CLAIMS RELEASED ABOVE.
RELEASE. I hereby agree and give permission to Sponsor and its designees irrevocably and in perpetuity to use my name, picture, likeness, biographical information, voice, any statement made during interviews, and address (city and state) in any manner for any marketing, advertising or promotions, whether telecast, published, or used in other medium (including but not limited to posting on the web), and to maintain such name, picture, likeness and/or voice in a database for future use, all without additional remuneration, all to the fullest extent permitted by law in conjunction with my acceptance and use of said prize.
I understand that any material I submitted and/or entered into the Contest is the sole property of Sponsor and may be used by Sponsor for any purpose. I represent that I independently created the material I submitted to Sponsor. I assign and convey to Sponsor all right, title and interest in and to the submitted material(s) and all copyright, trademark and other intellectual property rights in the submitted material(s), and agree to take any actions (including execution of documents) reasonably requested by Sponsor to effect, perfect or evidence the foregoing assignment.
THIS IS A LIABILITY RELEASE
READ CAREFULLY BEFORE SIGNING
Social Security #